Do not call to inquire about a horse, we need the application completed so we can recommend the appropriate horse for you. Fill out an application and we will contact you within 7 to 10 days.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- Since horses are gregarious and need companionship, if you don’t already have a horse or pony, goats, donkeys or a cow/steer will make a good companion.
- If a problem should occur at any time, we are ready to help and, if necessary, resume ownership of the horse.
- Please fill out an application if you are interested in one of our horses.
- You must complete an adoption application, and Sixteen Hands Horse Sanctuary must approve it. Click here for our online adoption application.
- You must come to the sanctuary and meet/socialize with the horse you’re considering.
- Sixteen Hands will conduct a home visit in order to see where the horse will be living.
We invite you to view our available horses, and if you spot one you think you just can’t live without, we look forward to meeting you.
Gypsy ~ Appendix Mare
Gypsy, 21 years old, is a way-down-the-line descendant of a famous racehorse. But that isn’t what makes her special. She loves people, food and being groomed! Gypsy stands about 14.2 hands and has not been started under saddle. She’s halter-trained and does well with hoof-trimming, loading, and bathing. Gypsy will require an experienced horseperson who uses natural horsemanship to train. Fill out an application through the link above. Please do not call, once we receive your application we will contact you.
Adoption Fee: $1000
Savannah ~ Grade Mare
Savannah, 21 years old, is an exceptionally confident horse who’s the lead mare in her herd. She has the basics down pat (leading, bathing, having her hooves trimmed), but she’s capable of so much more. Savannah will make someone a wonderful partner because once she trusts and respects you, she will give you the world. Fill out an application through the link above. Please do not call, once we receive your application we will contact you.
Adoption Fee: $1000